Guidelines for Authors
Your paper should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication any place else. Please send your paper by email to email@example.com. All papers are subject to peer review. Manuscripts must be in English.
The author is notiﬁed, generally within 4 to 6 weeks after submission, of the editor’s decision to accept, reject, or require modiﬁcation. When modiﬁcation is requested, the corresponding author must submit the modiﬁed version within 3 weeks.
To expedite the review process, please format the manuscript this way:
- Paper Specifications: A4. Printing area should be 6.69”x 9.45”. The margins should be 0.94” from the top and bottom and 0.78” from the left and right.
- Accepted File Format: Manuscripts must be prepared in MS Word and the Cadmus template file which can be downloaded from here may be used. Tables must be edited with MS Word. Equations must be edited with MS Equation Editor. Please do not submit your manuscript in PDF format.
- Formatting: Make sure all the characters in the text, tables, figure legends, footnotes and references are in a single typeface, Times New Roman. Single space lining should be used. In essence, we ask you to make your paper look exactly like this document. The easiest way to do this is to simply download the template and replace the content with your own material.
- Graphics/ Tables: Submit all graphics as jpg or tiff files with distinct characters and symbols at 500 dpi (dots per inch). All figures and tables must be numbered (Figure 1, Figure 2, Table 1 etc.) and have an explanatory title.
- Reference Formatting: All reference numbers should be superscripted in the text and listed in the Reference section in the order they appear in the text. Download the Cadmus Style Guide for detailed information regarding reference formatting. The editors reserve the right of editing manuscripts to conform to the stylistic conventions set forth in the style guide.
- Keywords: A list of five to ten keywords should be given.
Reproduction of material that was previously published
It is essential that authors obtain permission to reproduce any published material (figures, tables or any extract of a text) which does not fall within the public domain, or for which they do not hold the copyright. Permission should be requested by the authors from the copyright holder (usually the Publisher. Please refer to the imprint of the individual publications to identify the copyright holder).
Permission is required for:
- Your own works published by other Publishers and for which you do not retain copyright.
- Substantial extracts from anyone's works.
- Use of Tables, Figures, Charts, Graphics if they are unaltered or only slightly modified.
Permission is not required for:
- Reconstruction of your own table with data already published elsewhere. Please notice that in this case you must cite the source of the data in the form of either "Data from..." or "Adapted from...". Refer the Reference Style Guide for more information.
- Reasonably short quotes are considered fair use and therefore do not require permission.
- Graphs and Charts that are completely redrawn by the authors or significantly changed beyond recognition do not require permission.
Citations in manuscripts should be presented as ordinary text, stripped of any of the underlying codes (e.g., fields or hyperlinks) used in creating or organizing them.
Copyright/ Open Access:
Cadmus has adopted the Open Access Policy for materials printed in the journal and published on our web-site. This means all articles published in Cadmus may be freely quoted by other authors and publications without specific prior permission or charge, provided they properly acknowledge the authors and source of the content.